Anthony Steven Barrell, David Matthew Hammond, and Ian Oakley-Smith have been appointed as joint administrators of BXL Services to manage its affairs, business and property as its agents. Anthony Steven Barrell, David Matthew Hammond, and Ian Oakley-Smith are licensed to act as insolvency practitioners in the United Kingdom by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
|BXL is a not-for-profit registered charity that was originally formed in 2002 as Birmingham and Solihull Connexions Services. Following the loss of the (£15m annual) core government-funded Connexions Contract in 2008 due to a change in government policy about how those funds were routed, and the TUPE of Connexions employees to the local authorities, the company changed its name to BXL and we have continued our focus on employability interventions for people of all ages.
Our aim is to advance the education of the public, in particular but not exclusively young people, by the provision of advice and guidance in relation to careers, training and personal development opportunities with the object of improving their employment prospects and their conditions of life to enable them to reach their full potential so they will be prepared for working life.
The services we provide include:
- Education and employer engagement to help young people (aged 3-19) to get ready for work
- Training and development for teaching professionals about work-related learning
- Diploma and curriculum support for schools and young people
- Work experience support for employers, educators and young people
- Corporate Social Responsibility support for companies
- NEET and pre-NEET key worker support and work placement generation
- Social interventions to support improving employability chances for long term unemployed and NEET families
We are privileged to have a number of thought leaders and highly experienced individuals as trustees of the organisation:
Neil Makin OBE, Independent Chair
John Ling, Chief Executive Officer
Click here to see a full list of all trustees.
For further information on any of the services we can provide, please call us on 0845 600 7756 or send an email to